The finding of inequality in the world
- The gap between the north and the south is more and more accentuated.
- The gap between poverty and richness/wealth keeps growing.
- 7 out of 10 people live in those countries where the gap between poverty and richness/wealth is bigger than 30 years ago.
- 1 out of 9 people starve every day and more than 1 billion of people live with less than 1.25$ every day.
- At this pace, in 2016 1% of the richest people in the world will detain 50% of the richness/wealth of the planet.
Development of a social and solidarity-based economy (ESS)
- Brazil : National Secretariat created in 2003; forum gathering around 22.000 companies; Information System (SIES).
- Equator and Mexico : National legislation since 2011 and 2012.
- Spain, Portugal, Belgium and France : National legislation.
- Luxembourg : ESS Ministry.
- Italy : 10 ESS regional regulations.
- In Europe, ESS gathers more than 6% of the working population.
ESS can play a strategic role to achieve the objectives of a sustainable development and a decent life for everybody by/in 2030.
SSEDAS project aims to enhance the networks; the EES wants to play a key role in the global fight against poverty and in the promotion of a sustainable way of living.